IDFA Members can view presentation materials from "School Supply Chain Discussion with the School Nutrition Association". If you are logged in and can not see the materials, please refresh your session by logging out and logging back in to the IDFA website via the red button in the top right corner of your screen.
IDFA was pleased to host a special zoom meeting of IDFA leaders and the School Nutrition Association Public Policy and Legislation (PPL) Committee and Board of Directors to explore the current challenges facing school food authorities (SFAs) across the country.
In this discussion, we covered:
- What supply chain challenges are SFAs experiencing with dairy products and where
- How are SFAs navigating supply-chain challenges
- Where can IDFA members (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. processors and distributors) work with SNA members to meet these challenges
- If/how are SFAs using Supply Chain Assistance Funds (for food purchasing), temporary reimbursement increases, and emergency procurement flexibilities
- What best practices are SFAs using and/or collaborative efforts where IDFA members can meet these operational challenges