IDFA encourages Dairy Forum attendees to read about a special addition to this year’s program before making travel arrangements for the event. IDFA has teamed with the winner of the 2008 Processor of the Year award to offer a facility tour following the conclusion of the onsite program on Wednesday, January 28.
The company’s identity won’t be revealed here, but here are some clues about what the tour will entail. This impressive dairy plant:
- is part of a dairy group that supports a 1,000+ store food chain;
- processes more than five million pounds of milk per week;
- bottles chocolate milk, various flavors of tea, fruit drinks, fruit juices and bottled water;
- has both traditional and state-of-the-art fresh milk bottling and packaging processes;
- manufactures its own milk bottles;
- is part of a large refrigerated and frozen distribution warehouse with over 1,000,000 square feet under one roof; and
- operates seven days per week.
Plan now to join your colleagues for the tour and to sample some of the company’s products. Dairy Forum will be held January 25-28 at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, in Boca Raton, Fla.
About The Tour
Between noon and 3:00pm on Wednesday, January 28, shuttle buses will be available to take groups between the Boca Raton Resort & Club and the plant for tours. Each tour will last about one hour, not including travel to and from the hotel. In small groups of 20-30, attendees will follow an observation concourse, passing safely through the production areas in a climate- controlled environment. A question-and-answer session and product tastings will be held in the dairy’s hospitality room.
Reserve Your Spot Today
Reservations must be made by January 5 to ensure available space on the shuttles and in tour groups. To register for the conference and the dairy plant tour, visit the Dairy Forum microsite. There is no additional fee.
If you are already registered for Dairy Forum 2015 and would like to participate in the dairy plant tour, contact: Elizabeth Cookson, IDFA senior director of meetings and educational services, at (202) 220-3514 or firstname.lastname@example.org.