At the end of each calendar year, IDFA honors a select group of political leaders who have shown outstanding leadership and support toward enhancing the U.S. dairy products industry. This annual recognition is called the IDFA Leadership Awards.
2020 Award Recipients
- Senator Tina Smith (MN)
- Senator Joni Ernst (IA)
- Senator John Hoeven (ND)
- Congressman Jim Costa (CA-16)
- Brandon Lipps, Deputy Under Secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services, USDA
- Lorren Walker, Chief of Staff, Office of the Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs, USDA
2019 Award Recipients
- Senator Tammy Baldwin (WI)
- Senator Pat Roberts (KS)
- Representative Collin Peterson (MN-07)
- Representative Ron Kind (WI-03)
- Chief Agricultural Negotiator Ambassador Gregg Doud
2018 Award Recipients
- Gregory Ibach, undersecretary for marketing and regulatory programs at USDA
- Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
- Stephen Ostroff, M.D., deputy commissioner for foods and veterinary medicine at the Food and Drug Administration
- Rep. Glenn "GT" Thompson, R-Pa.