IDFA and Dairy Herd Management continue to recognize progressive dairy producers by co-sponsoring the annual Innovative Dairy Farmer of the Year Award. The award celebrates U.S. producers that embrace innovation, technology, collaboration and partnerships to gain greater on-farm productivity and improved milk marketing.
Nominations for the 22nd annual award closed on Sept. 30, 2019. The winner was announced in the January issue of Dairy Herd Management and honored at Dairy Forum 2020, January 26-29 at the Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Read about MVP Dairy, the 2020 Innovative Dairy Farmer of the Year.
Complete award criteria and a nomination form are available here.
2020 Innovative Dairy Farmer of the Year: MVP Dairy LLC of Celina, Ohio was recognized as the 2020 Innovative Dairy Farmer of the Year at Dairy Forum in Scottsdale, Arizona. MVP Dairy is a partnership between two, fourth-generation farm families, the McCarty Family of Kansas and the VanTilburg Family of Ohio. The award was accepted by co-owners of MVP Dairy, Kyle VanTilburg and Clay McCarty. Both families have an unwavering commitment to sustainability and MVP Dairy strives to create wholesome products in a sustainable manner.
List of Winners
• Foster Brothers Farms, Middlebury, Vt.
• Schrack Farm Resources, Loganton, Pa.
• Jer-Lindy Farms LLC, Brooten, Minn.
• Holsum Dairies, Hilbert, Wis.
• Hilmar Jerseys, Hilmar, Calif.
• Milk Source, LLC, Kaukauna, Wis.
• McCarty Family Farms, Rexford, Kan.
• Sweetwater Valley Farm, Philadelphia, Tenn.
• Brubaker Farms, Mount Joy, Pa.
• Haubenschild Dairy Farm, Princeton, Minn.
• High Plains Dairy of Friona, Texas
• KBC Farms, Purdy, Mo.
• Joseph Gallo Farms, Atwater, Calif.
• KF Dairy, El Centro, Calif.
• North Florida Holsteins, Bell, Fla.
• C Bar M Dairy, Jerome, Idaho
• Pagel's Ponderosa Dairy, Kewaunee, Wis.
• Si-Ellen Farms, Jerome, Idaho
• Baldwin Dairy/Emerald Dairy, Emerald, Wis.
• Clauss Dairy Farms, Hilmar, Calif.
• Mason Dixon Farms, Gettysburg, Pa.