IDFA and its constituent organizations - Milk Industry Foundation (MIF), National Cheese Institute (NCI), and International Ice Cream Association (IICA) - are member service organizations representing the interests and concerns of the dairy foods processing industry at the federal, state, and local level.
IDFA has saved the dairy industry hundreds of millions of dollars over the years, and individual members have benefited from staff's ability to navigate the regulatory system. Supplier companies are also affected directly by changes in legislative and regulatory activities, meanwhile taking advantage of the resources to build relationships with customers and potential customers.
Members become part of a network of successful dairy professionals, keeping in touch with the latest industry developments and sharing ideas and business opportunities.
Dairy companies, suppliers, and affiliated associations:
- have a voice and representation in Washington
- stay current on critical issues that challenge company growth and success
- access expertise of IDFA staff for individual company needs
- provide recommendations on the future direction of the industry
- network and share ideas
- develop business relationships