House Speaker John Boehner
This is an excerpt reprinted with permission from The Hagstrom Report, a news service providing original national and international agricultural news to its subscribers.
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, announced that the House Republican Steering Committee today recommended the following committee chairs in the 114th Congress:
- Agriculture – Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas
- Appropriations – Rep. Hal Rogers, R-Ky.
- Armed Services – Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas
- Budget – Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga.
- Education & the Workforce – Rep. John Kline, R-Minn.
- Energy & Commerce – Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich.
- Financial Services – Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas
- Foreign Affairs – Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif.
- Homeland Security – Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas
- Judiciary – Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.
- Natural Resources – Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah
- Oversight & Government Reform – Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah
- Science, Space, and Technology – Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas
- Small Business – Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio
- Transportation & Infrastructure – Rep. Bill Shuster, R-Pa.
- Veterans’ Affairs – Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla.
- Ways & Means – Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis.
Boehner previously announced the following committee chair appointments:
- Administration – Rep. Candice Miller, R-Mich.
- Ethics – Rep. Charlie Dent, R-Pa.
- Intelligence – Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif.
- Rules – Rep. Pete Sessions, R-Texas
The recommendations will be presented to the full House Republican Conference for ratification.
The Hagstrom Report covers Congressional hearings, markups and press conferences in Washington D.C., as well as national nutrition news and farm meetings throughout the United States. Subscribers to The Hagstrom Report receive a digital newsletter daily while Congress is in session and at other times as events require and news happens.