(L to R) Martin Wiedmann, Anika Zuber and Samuel Alcaine traveled to Orlando to accept the award on behalf of the team.
IDFA presented its first Food Safety Leadership Award to the Cornell University Dairy Foods Extension team at Dairy Forum this week. This award acknowledges the team’s long-term investments in dairy food safety and its unwavering support for the dairy industry.
A few examples of the comprehensive and innovative approaches that this team has taken to support and improve food safety across the dairy industry include highly active and innovative industry training programs, onsite support to dairy companies and a pilot plant that allows small and start-up dairy companies to learn how to produce products safely.
The members of the team are:
- Samuel D. Alcaine, assistant professor of dairy fermentations;
- David M. Barbano, professor and director of the North East Dairy Foods Research Center;
- Carmela Beliciu, dairy extension specialist;
- Carl Moody, regional dairy processing and marketing specialist for Western New York, Harvest New York;
- Steven C. Murphy, senior extension associate;
- Robert D. Ralyea, sr. extension associate;
- Martin Wiedmann, Gellert family professor in food safety; and
- Anika D. Zuber, regional dairy processing and marketing specialist for Northern New York, Harvest New York.
View the award video for the Cornell Dairy Foods Extension team here.