The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced last month the appointment of five incumbents and two new members to the Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP) Board, which directs the National Milk Mustache "got milk?" Campaign.
Re-appointed to serve a second term is Ed Mullins, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc. (Region 9). Re-appointed to serve a first term after filling a vacancy lasting less than 18 months are Jay Bryant, Maryland and Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association, Inc. (Region 3); Scottie Mayfield, Mayfield Dairy Farms, Inc. (Region 6); Rick Zuroweste, Dean Foods Dairy Group (Region 12); and Janey Thornton, School Nutrition Association (At-Large Public).
Newly appointed are Timothy Kelbel, vice president, dairy group-west, manufacturing, The Kroger Company (Region 15); and Miriam Erickson Brown, president and CEO of Anderson Erickson Dairy Company (At-Large Processor). These appointments will be effective July 1.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Agricultural Marketing Service monitors the operations of the board, which is comprised of 15 fluid milk processors from 15 geographic Regions and five at-large members. At least three at-large members must be fluid milk processors and at least one must be from the general public.
These appointments will be effective July 1, and appointees will be seated during MilkPEP's summer board meeting July 16-18.
As of July 1, the MilkPEP board members will be:
- Region 1 - Mike Touhey, Vice President, Marketing, Dean Foods Dairy Group, Dallas, TX
- Region 2 - Jim Walsh, Executive Vice President, Sales, HP Hood, LLC, Lynnefield, MA
- Region 3 - Jay Bryant, CEO, Maryland and Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association, Inc., Reston, VA
- Region 4 - Charles Gaither, President, Milkco, Inc., Asheville, NC
- Region 5 - Mike Smith, Vice President of Manufacturing, Publix Super Markets, Inc., Lakeland, FL
- Region 6 - Scottie Mayfield, President, Mayfield Dairy Farms, Inc., Dean Foods, Athens, TN
- Region 7 - James Green, President and CEO, Kemps, LLC, St. Paul, MN
- Region 8 - Brian Haugh, CEO, National Dairy Holdings, LP, Dallas, TX
- Region 9 - Ed Mullins, Executive Vice President and CEO, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc., Carlinville, IL
- Region 10 - Bob McCullough, Group Vice President, Manufacturing, H.E. Butt Grocery Company, San Antonio, TX
- Region 11 - Steve Turner, President, Turner Dairy Holding, LLC (Prairie Farms), Memphis, TN
- Region 12 - Rick Zuroweste, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Dean Foods Dairy Group, Dallas, TX
- Region 13 - Jerry Tidwell, Senior Vice President, Supply Operations, Safeway, Inc., Pleasanton, CA
- Region 14 - Jay Simon, President, Super Store Industries, Stockton, CA
- Region 15 - Tim Kelbel, Vice President, Dairy Group-West, Manufacturing, The Kroger Company, Cincinnati, OH
- At Large - Michael Krueger, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Dairy Division, Shamrock Foods Company, Phoenix, AZ
- At Large - Randy Mooney, First Vice Chairman, Dairy Farmers of America, Inc., Rogersville, MO
- At Large - Miriam Erickson Brown, President and CEO, Anderson Erickson Dairy Company, Des Moines, IA
- At Large - Terri Webb, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Farmland Dairies, LLC, Wallington, NJ
- Public - Janey Thornton, School Nutrition Association, Rineyville, KY