The future’s looking bright for Dairy Forum 2018. More than 1,000 dairy leaders are expected to convene January 21-24 in Palm Desert, California, to shape the future of dairy with help from top government officials, successful dairy company leaders, renowned market experts and famous forecasters.
Kicking off the event Sunday evening, January 21, will be Jack Uldrich, global futurist and author, with the chairman’s lecture. Although no one can predict the future, Uldrich will help companies prepare for it. He’ll offer upbeat and practical insights on future trends, emerging technologies, change management and transformational leadership.
Forecast for the Future
Here’s more on what the future will hold for the event:
- Michael Dykes, D.V.M., IDFA president and CEO, will discuss growth opportunities for dairy in the future, including how IDFA and others are working to build demand for U.S. dairy products and open new global markets.
- A key member of Congress will discuss dairy’s place in the farm bill’s path to passage, as well as the bill’s position in the larger legislative agenda.
- A top official from the U.S. Department of Agriculture will explore the four principles that are shaping the department’s decisions on U.S. food and agricultural policy.
- Five dairy company CEOs will discuss the steps they’re taking today to develop the people, processes and products that will help their companies meet the demands of tomorrow’s marketplace.
- Senior U.S. trade officials will discuss the challenges and future opportunities presented by the country’s current trade agenda.
- A political prognosticator will offer entertaining insight to the current political climate and the issues that will have the strongest impact on midterm elections.
- An authority on retail growth strategies will share insights and research on evolving markets and consumer trends.
- A diverse array of industry leaders will present concurrent sessions covering global trends in food safety, marketing, innovation, technology and nutrition.
Dairy Forum 2018 will close with insights from Zachary Karabell, an expert on global economics. He’ll show attendees how to craft custom indicators to better forecast economic performance and growth, as well as understand and navigate the current economic climate.
Visit the online agenda for Dairy Forum 2018 for a full listing of sessions and topics.
Registration is now available online. Dairy Forum 2018 will be held January 21-24 at the J.W. Marriott Desert Springs in Palm Desert, California. For more information about hotel and travel reservations, visit the Dairy Forum 2018 microsite.
Members with questions may contact Melissa Lembke, IDFA manager of meetings and educational services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.