Do you have a great marketing story to tell? The Milk Processor Education Program and Dairy Foods magazine want to hear from you. MilkPEP and Dairy Foods have revived the Milk Marketer of the Year Award to honor fluid milk processors for their efforts in promoting the consumption of white or flavored milk. The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2017.
Winners will be evaluated on the strength of their marketing programs and measurable results that show an increase in milk consumption. Marketing programs can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Brand marketing campaigns that incorporate MilkPEP programs, such as the 2016 Olympics, The Great American Milk Drive, Built with Chocolate Milk and My Morning Protein;
- Events, including participation in farmers’ markets, 5K/marathon races and school field trips;
- In-store promotion, including door clings, floor graphics, sampling, cooking demonstrations and spokesperson appearances;
- Social media campaigns on Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter;
- Print, broadcast, electronic and digital advertising; and
- Public relations campaigns.
All fluid processors that participate in the MilkPEP checkoff program are eligible to participate. Marketing programs must be for milk products that conform to the Code of Federal Regulations standards of identity, and only marketing efforts that have taken place between July 1, 2015, to Dec. 31, 2016, will be considered.
Entries may be submitted online at dairyfoods.com.
Milk processors with questions may contact Kim Purcell, MilkPEP manager of industry relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.