Did you know IDFA offers a wide variety of labeling, inspection and HACCP manuals, as well as general management publications for the dairy industry?
Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Dairy Facts 2013, with over 100 pages of key statistics on the sales, consumption and production of milk, cheese and ice cream products, including total and per capita trends in sales, consumption and production, imports and exports, wholesale and retail prices, nutrition information and much more.
- The Dairy Industry Orientation Workbook helps familiarize people with the industry’s main dynamics, including consumer trends, farm production, manufacturing and government regulations. The workbook, taken from the annual program taught by IDFA Vice President and Chief Economist Bob Yonkers, offers clear and concise descriptions of complex policies and offers valuable insight and analysis. Perfect for dairy professionals who are new to the industry or who want to expand their knowledge of the industry. Newly updated December 2013.
- The Labeling Manuals for milk and milk products, cheese, and ice cream and frozen desserts are the definitive guides on labeling regulations for dairy products. They include pertinent regulations and interpretations on product naming and labeling claims, a nutrient data chart for calculating nutritional values and illustrated labels and label formats. Specific section topics include standards of identity, ingredient, flavor, nutrition and environmental labeling and health, nutrient content and structure/function claims. Includes information on labeling of trans fats, allergens, organic and rBST.
- The FDA Inspection Manual & Recall Guide recognizes that a better-funded Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has embarked on a massive new initiative to inspect food plants, taking large numbers of environmental samples and product samples. The FDA Inspection Manual is designed to provide companies with the guidance and information they need to help prepare for facility inspections and to develop effective plans for recalls and crisis management. This is a “must read” in today’s sometimes confrontational regulatory atmosphere.
- IDFA offers a comprehensive HACCP Manual and Software Bundle. The 2011 versions of the “Dairy Product HACCP Manual,” the “Juice Product HACCP Manual,” the “HACCP Reference Manual” and the “HACCPlan.net” software contain information that modern dairy plant managers and quality assurance staff need to create, implement and update their HACCP programs. The bundle will help users to meet the HACCP requirements for all third-party certification systems that are recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), such as Safe Quality Foods (SQF), the British Retail Consortium (BRC) and the Food Standard Safety Certification (FSSC - ISO 2200 based).
- The Frozen Dessert Plant Code Listing provides a complete listing of plant codes used on frozen dessert packaging for retail.
- The IDFA Membership Directory provides a complete listing of more than 550 IDFA member companies, representing approximately 85 percent of all dairy foods processed in the United States, as well as Gold Business Partner and Business Partner supplier companies and associations.
Visit the IDFA Online Bookstore
for more details and a complete list of publications.