Looking ahead to 2013, the Milk Processor Education Program plans to build on its multi-year marketing strategy that focuses on two key occasions for milk consumption: breakfast at home and post-workout recovery for athletes. To kick off its breakfast-at-home activities, MilkPEP will use the Super Bowl, the biggest game of the year, as a platform to deliver the "breakfast at home with milk" message.
The Super Bowl Blitz promotion will run from January 8 through February 17. It will feature football-themed Milk Mustache print ads, promotional tags on MilkPEP TV ads, point-of-sale materials and a national consumer promotion.
"The continuation of our long-term occasion-based approach will generate excitement for milk, drive volume and value, and maximize continuity, with the ultimate goal of changing consumer behavior," said Julie Buric, MilkPEP vice president of marketing.
MilkPEP will supplement the Super Bowl Blitz by continuing these other successful “breakfast with milk” initiatives:
- Feature new Milk Mustache ads throughout the year and target public relations about the importance of a breakfast routine that includes milk;
- Support breakfast programs that speak directly to Hispanic audiences; and
- Continue the successful Kellogg’s partnership, with special emphasis leading up to National Breakfast Week, March 4-8.
Driving Demand for Chocolate Milk
The cornerstone of MilkPEP's 2013 chocolate milk initiatives will be the “Become One” program that tracks the progress of former Pittsburgh Steeler Hines Ward and two athletes who all will compete in the 2013 Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii. Working with renowned coaches and endurance athletes, they will highlight the importance of refueling with chocolate milk.
In addition to “Become One,” the Refuel | got chocolate milk? program will:
- Continue the “My After” campaign, which shares recovery and refuel success stories to a wide audience of athletes;
- Engage with athletes across the country at Refuel National Tour stops like Ironman and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon events;
- Position chocolate milk as the Official Refuel Beverage of the Ironman, Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, USA Swimming, Lifetime Fitness Cycle Club and Challenged Athletes Foundation; and
- Recruit additional “Refuel Ambassadors” to promote the recovery benefits of chocolate milk.
For more information, contact Buric at email@example.com.