The U.S. Department of Agriculture last month announced 11 appointments to the Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP) Board. Four of the appointees will serve out the remaining terms for four vacancies, and the other seven appointees will serve full three-year terms.
Appointed to fill vacancies that expire June 30, 2013, are: James Walsh, HP Hood LLC, Lynnfield, Mass., Region 1; Dwight Moore, Jr., Harris Teeter, High Point, N.C., Region 4; and John Gillam, Dean Foods Company, Springfield, Va., Region 10.
Appointed to fill a vacancy that expires June 30, 2014, is Michael Lasky, Borden Dairy, Winter Haven, Fla., Region 8.
Newly appointed members are Bradley Anderson, Dean Foods Company, Franklin Park, Ill., Region 6; Gary Aggus, Hiland Dairy Foods, Springfield, Mo., Region 9; and Sandra Kelly, Shamrock Foods Company, Phoenix, Ariz., Region 12.
Newly reappointed members are: Jay Bryant, Maryland and Virginia Milk Producers Co-op, Reston, Va., Region 3; Timothy Kelbel, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, Region 15; Miriam Erickson Brown, Anderson Erickson Dairy Company, Des Moines, Iowa, At-Large Processor; and Mary Hill, Jackson Public Schools, Jackson, Miss., At-Large Public Member.
USDA's Agricultural Marketing Service monitors the operations of the board, which is comprised of 15 fluid milk processors from 15 geographic regions and five at-large members. At least three at-large members must be fluid milk processors and at least one must be from the general public.
New Officers Elected
These appointments were effective July 1, and appointees were seated during MilkPEP's summer board meeting last week. New officers also were elected at the meeting. They are:
- Chair: Jim Green, President and CEO, Kemps LLC, St. Paul, Minn.
- Vice Chair: Gary Aggus, COO/President Joint Ventures, Hiland Dairy Foods, Springfield, Mo.
- Secretary: Jay Bryant, Treasurer and CEO, MD & VA Milk Producers Co-op, Reston, Va.
- Treasurer: Brian Linney, Senior Vice President, Consumer Products, Darigold, Inc.
The MilkPEP board members as of July 20 are:
- Region 1 - James Walsh, Executive Vice President, Sales, HP Hood LLC, Lynnfield, Mass.
- Region 2 - Chris Ross, Vice President, Marketing, HP Hood LLC, Lynnfield, Mass.
- Region 3 - Jay Bryant, Treasurer and CEO, Maryland and Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association, Inc., Reston, Va.
- Region 4 - Dwight Moore, Vice President, Harris Teeter, High Point, N.C.
- Region 5 - Mike Smith, Vice President of Manufacturing, Publix Super Markets, Inc., Lakeland, Fla.
- Region 6 - Brad Anderson, Vice President, Sales, Dean Foods Company, Franklin Park, Ill.
- Region 7 - James Green, President and CEO, Kemps LLC, St. Paul, Minn.
- Region 8 - Mike Lasky, General Manager, Borden Dairy, Winter Haven, Fla.
- Region 9 - Gary Aggus, COO/President Joint Ventures, Hiland Dairy Foods, Springfield, Mo.
- Region 10 - John Gillam, Group Vice President, NE and Mid-Atlantic Div., Dean Foods Company, Springfield, Va.
- Region 11 - Steve Turner, President, Turner Dairy, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc., Memphis, Tenn.
- Region 12 - Sandy Kelly, Senior Director of Marketing, Shamrock Foods Company, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Region 13 - Henry Michon, Senior Vice President, Safeway Inc., Pleasanton, CA
- Region 14 - Jay Simon, President, Super Store Industries, Stockton, Calif.
- Region 15 - Tim Kelbel, Vice President, Dairy Group-West, Manufacturing, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati, Ohio
- At Large - Miriam Erickson Brown, President and CEO, Anderson Erickson Dairy Company, Des Moines, Iowa
- At Large - Brian Linney, Senior Vice President, Consumer Products, Darigold, Inc., Seattle, Wash.
- At Large - Scott Shehadey, Vice President, Producers Dairy Foods, Fresno, Calif.
- At Large - Terri Webb, President, Farmland Dairies, LLC, Wallington, N.J.
- Public - Mary Hill, Executive Director, Food Service, Jackson Public Schools, Jackson, Miss.