Cheese Market News
IDFA has provided featured columns to Cheese Market News since 2010, and Michael Dykes, D.V.M., IDFA president and CEO, is our current contributor. Cheese Market News is the weekly newspaper of the nation’s cheese and dairy/deli business. You can read our commentary every other month about the policies, regulations and politics affecting the dairy industry.
Dairy Foods delivers the information necessary for dairy business success with analyses and reports on technologies, trends and issues. In-depth special features, lively columns and expert technical articles also provide innovative ideas for dairy processors. Members of IDFA's regulatory staff have provided quarterly Rules and Regs columns for Dairy Foods since 2015.
- "Know your rights during an FDA Inspection," by John T. Allan, IDFA vice president of regulatory affairs and international standards, and Emily R. Lyons, IDFA director of regulatory affairs and counsel, 2/5/18
- “How dairy is winning in Washington,” by Cary Frye, IDFA senior vice president of regulatory affairs, 12/5/17
- "Dairy food safety: Zoning practices can control Listeria," by John Allan, vice president of regulatory affairs and international standards, 8/7/17
- "Labels indicating a more clear 'use by' date can combat food waste," by Emily Lyons, director of regulatory affairs and counsel, and Ruth Saunders, vice president of policy and legislative affairs, 5/2/17
- "Canada is up to no good with its trade policies," by Beth Hughes, director of international affairs, 2/6/17
- "What dairy processors must know about FDA's new Nutrition Facts label," by Cary Frye, vice president of regulatory and scientific affairs, 7/18/16
- "Dairy food safety: controlling pathogens in a dairy plant," by John Allan, vice president of regulatory affairs and international standards, 5/4/16
- "The new dietary guidelines favor dairy, so how do we increase consumption?", by Cary Frye, vice president of regulatory and scientific affairs, 2/4/16
- "Vermont is the nation’s GMO label maker,” by Emily Lyons, director of regulatory affairs and counsel, 12/3/15
- “Why Codex matters to U.S. dairy processors,” Clay Hough, senior group vice president and general counsel, 8/7/15
- “How the EU’s GI rules shred, slice and block U.S. cheese,” by Beth Hughes, director of international affairs, 5/7/15
“The calorie countdown begins in restaurants, vending machines,” by Cary Frye, vice president of regulatory and scientific affairs, 2/8/15
Archive of Cheese Market News columns by Connie Tipton, former IDFA President and CEO