Benefits of International Membership for Dairy Companies Outside of the United States, Canada & Mexico
IDFA International Members are part of a network of successful dairy professionals, keeping in touch with the latest industry developments, and sharing ideas and business opportunities. International Members interface with U.S. dairy processing and manufacturing companies, as well as companies which supply equipment, packaging, ingredients, and services to the dairy manufacturing and processing industry. Membership provides access to U.S. dairy industry information via e-mail newsletters, IDFA website, and contact with IDFA staff. IDFA's expert staff is available to discuss and answer questions about important issues and provide assistance to individual members on their specific needs.
As an IDFA International Member, your specific benefits include:
On-going Regular Communications
- News Update - Members receive an e-mail every week linking to the IDFA website with news on current industry and Association activities.
- SmartBrief - Members receive an e-mail every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday regarding the latest dairy business news. (Sign-up required)
- Membership Conference Calls – Conference calls are scheduled every four months to review current issues, actions, and plans. Members are encouraged to participate with questions and comments.
Access to Members-Only Documents on IDFA Website
Companies will find IDFA position papers, testimony and comments, links to government documents, and other important information. Members receive a password to access the members-only documents on the website, which include current and archived information relating to food safety, sustainability, U.S. economic & policy analysis, U.S. government affairs, international trade, and much more. Some of the international resources include tariffs and custom matters, international standards, and trade negotiations.
Access to IDFA Staff
IDFA provides expert assistance for its members, answering questions on technical, scientific, regulatory, and environmental affairs; legislative issues before the U.S. Congress; U.S. economic and policy analyses; crisis management and activist attacks on dairy products; and international affairs.
IDFA is the spokesperson for the dairy industry around the world, participating in international bodies, such as the World Trade Organization, Codex Alimentarius, and International Dairy Federation. Areas of special expertise are international trade, health and sanitation issues, economic regulations, environmental and worker safety, and legislative matters. IDFA also networks with other dairy and food organizations around the world.
Through IDFA's many programs and activities, members enjoy the opportunity to develop new business relationships and friendships. Upon becoming a member, we will announce your company as a new member. Your company will become more visible through participation in trade shows, conferences, and educational seminars. Through the exchange of information, members learn more about the fluid milk, cultured products, cheese, and ice cream industries, including new ingredients, packaging technologies, processing and equipment, environmental, product safety, procurement, and many other important areas.
IDFA has developed easy-to-use manuals, reports, and statistical publications to keep the industry up-to-date on the latest information. Many publications and online resources are available, both complimentary and at discounted member prices.
Receive Complimentary Publications for New Members (one per member company)
A. Automatically Sent When You Become A Member
- IDFA Membership Directory - members are listed at no additional charge, published annually and includes all dairy company members and suppliers of products and services
- Dairy Facts – statistics on production and consumption, published annually
Members can access company information online:
Education & Training Programs
The Associations' education and training programs provide information on the latest industry developments, including food safety, new technologies, cost accounting, procurement, international trade, legislative and government policies, and much more. Members receive special discounted rates on registration fees for the Associations' conferences, workshops, seminars, and webinars. These programs provide excellent networking opportunities for sharing information with other dairy industry professionals, as well as with suppliers of equipment, packaging, ingredients, and other supplies and services. ProFood Tech, powered by PMMI, Anuga and IDFA, is a new biennial event built to showcase innovations and crossover technologies for food and beverage markets. The next show is scheduled for April 4-6, 2017, in Chicago, Ill., and will feature a dairy pavilion, replacing the International Dairy Show.
Communications and Public Relations
IDFA promotes and defends the image of dairy products, providing factual information in countering activist attacks on dairy products. IDFA acts as a primary information source for the news media and the public on scientific, nutrition, and food safety issues. Key message points are available on a wide range of subjects to help your company respond to public inquiries.
By being a member of the International Dairy Foods Association, you are a member of the premiere organization that:
- represents the voice of the dairy processing industry;
- keeps you up to date on the latest U.S. industry developments;
- provides networking opportunities, with the opportunity for new business relationships, learning opportunities, and making your company visible to your dairy industry colleagues;
- collaborates with PACK EXPO and Anuga to present ProFood Tech, a biennial trade exposition with a dairy pavilion;
- presents the IDFA Dairy Forum, an annual conference held in January, devoted to the challenges of dairy processors, producers, and suppliers.
Please contact the Membership Department at (202) 220-3505 or (202) 220-3506 or email@example.com, if you have any questions.